Friday, October 9, 2009

Today's Post is brought to you by the Number '3'


Ever since I heard the old adage, 'Good things come in threes' - I have been terrified. What is the shelf life of these supposed 'good things'? Does it mean 3 good things will happen to you in your lifetime? Or is it more like a renewable cycle - after every 3 good things that happen, do I get three more at a later date? How long do I have to wait to qualify for my next set?

Conversely, does this mean bad things come in threes as well? Must I go through a trio of terrible events in order to redeem my good gift card? Or do these things happen concurrently? I also contemplate the magnitude of the good or bad thing that happens - is it like physics? Does every action have an equal reaction?

I am going to go back to Yesterday evening and count...

Hailstorm called me with a free ticket to a movie - GOOD THING
Did not die in my sleep - GOOD THING
iPod played a continuous stream of good songs while on shuffle during walk to work without me having to press 'next' a billion times - GOOD THING

Person brought dog into the office today and it took a sh*t right beside my desk... almost vomitted - BAD THING
(*side note: this is a prime example of why I am a cat person through and through)
Yogurt that was purchased three days ago says the expiry was Sept. 17 - BAD THING

So as it stands I am waiting for one more bad thing to happen to me - and tonight I will be seeing my ex for the first time in months at a mutual friend's party... he will most likely bring his new special friend... hmm, maybe i'll pass away before that... which could be more pleasant (side note part two: this is why I love objects now). If I die I leave all my assets to Hailstorm... thanks for the movie! Enjoy my comics.

2 comments:

  1. yes! finally a collection of my very own

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should give those comics to joe. you know he wants them.

    ReplyDelete